The Midlands’ advanced, comprehensive testing for asthma and all allergies.
The key to successful treatment of allergic disease and asthma is accurate, reliable testing. Many physicians who aren’t board-certified in allergy and immunology may use testing that’s outdated, unproven or less accurate, leading to less effective treatment.
As specialists, our doctors are highly trained in allergy and immunology disorders and use the most sensitive and specific methods for accurate diagnosis of every type of allergy or asthma.
Expert, experienced and advanced diagnosis of…
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
- Asthma & exercise-induced asthma
- Cough/shortness of breath
- Upper & lower respiratory tract infections
- Food, drug, animal, insect, latex & mold allergies
- Hives, swelling, eczema, itching & other allergy skin problems
- Immune system diseases & recurrent infections
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
Leading-edge testing for the most complete and accurate diagnosis.
Here are just some of the advanced diagnostic methods we use to resolve your problem and help you get back to your optimal health:
- State-of-the-art spirometry – Using the most advanced equipment available, our specialists check how well your lungs are functioning. This will help us better evaluate your response to medication and optimize your treatment.
- FeNO testing – Also known as an exhaled nitric oxide test, this test allows our doctors to measure lung inflammation in people who have allergy asthma. With this test, we can reduce medications while you are doing well or step up medications before you experience asthma symptoms.
- Advanced skin testing – Skin testing is the most accurate and cost-effective way to determine your allergies. And it’s an important part of your evaluation, as most people with asthma—and many with chronic sinusitis—will have unsuspected allergies as an underlying cause. Treating these allergies will result in fewer problems and improved quality of life. We perform all allergy testing in accordance with the standards set by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology and the professional societies of which we are members.
- Blood tests – Specialized blood tests for allergy and immunology are getting more specific and complex. As allergy specialists, our doctors are able to order the most appropriate test(s) and best interpret the findings.
- Food- and drug-allergy challenges – If you have been diagnosed with a food or drug allergy, we may, after testing, challenge you to the substance in order to confirm your tolerance. As an example, when challenged, 90% of people who believe they are allergic to the antibiotic penicillin are found not to be. With this knowledge, a penicillin antibiotic can be safely prescribed when needed.
For more about our leading-edge and comprehensive testing in The Midlands (Richland, Lexington, Fairfield, Kershaw and Newberry Counties and beyond), or to schedule an appointment, call 803-929-0290. You may also request an appointment using our easy online form.